Student Visa (Visa D)

Some clarifications on obtaining a student visa to Ukraine

  • Students from countries that require a visa or have signed a visa agreement for up to 90 days (tourist, private and business travel) apply for a long-stay visa (type D) to Ukraine, allowing you to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days

  • Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed a visa-free agreement (Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Russia) do not require a visa to Ukraine, but provide an original or a photocopy of the "Invitation to Study" program when crossing the Ukrainian border to verify the purpose of your visit to Ukraine

  • In order to obtain a long-stay visa (type D), a prospective student must submit a number of documents to the consulate or embassy of Ukraine in the country concerned, as indicated on the Embassy's website. No matter where you submit your paperwork, you will always be prompted to include the original Invitation letter. We would like to emphasize that prior education documents must be officially certified before applying to the consulate. There are two ways to do this:
  1. Legalize documents at the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Ukraine in your country
  2. Certified by the Apostille stamp and legalized at the Embassy of Ukraine in your country. Your documents must be officially recognized in Ukraine in order for the Ukrainian university to be able to issue your diploma certificate upon graduation

  • All "Invitation letters" issued by universities are required to be registered with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine before being sent to applicants. Our company performs such registration through the Ukrainian State Center for International Education on behalf of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, which in turn provides official confirmation of such registration to the Consulate of Ukraine in the respective countries.